Dehumidification & Moisture Control in North Indianapolis
When you experience water damage in your home, whether due to the weather or a burst pipe, the structure must be appropriately dried. Improper drying is one of the biggest causes of mold growth and other types of damage. As experienced professionals in dehumidifying, Steamatic of North Indianapolis takes drying your structure to a whole new level.
If you suspect your home hasn’t properly dried after some type of water damage, there are some signs you can look for to identify the problem.
REQUEST A SERVICE
Identifying the Problem
It’s a true problem to have elements of your home to retain moisture. When this happens, your own home could become a hazardous area, full of harmful contaminants and a weak structure.
- Warping and Swelling : Furniture, wood, flooring, and drywall slowly become warped or swollen when they have moisture in them.
- Mold and Mildew : It’s not just unsightly, it’s dangerous. Mold and mildew growth are signs the structure of your home still contains moisture, and it’s for the safety of your family and the air quality in your home that you have it cleaned.
- Brown Stains : Water damage often presents itself with brown stains. If your initial water damage has already been cleaned up, but the stain continues to grow, you’ve still got moisture that needs to be dried properly.
- Soft Spots: Any spots on your walls, ceiling, or floor that feel soft or sunken in could be an indication of moisture and should be looked at by a professional.
The Process of Dehumidification
Completely removing moisture from your home takes careful attention, the right tools, and precise work. At Steamatic of North Indianapolis, our professionals have the training and experience required to get the job done right.
Removing and drying moisture in your structure could be very involved, or it could be very simple, depending on the amount of exposure your home experienced and which surfaces were affected. The process of dehumidification goes as follows.
- The Assessment: Our qualified and certified technicians will spend some time in your home looking over the water damage and using commercial-grade instruments to help determine the amount of damage that occurred and the drying required.
- Extracting the Water: If your problem area still contains any amount of standing water, we use a pump system to get rid of it, then vacuum the area until there is no more water, and the surface feels dry.
- Evaporative Drying : Ridding the structure of all water and moisture takes air movers that speed up the evaporation process to eliminate the liquid.
- Dehumidification : Humidity and temperature control processes collect any moisture that remains in your home and extracts it from the air. This dehumidification process balances out the humidity to where it won’t damage your structure any further.
- Monitoring the Process : During the dehumidification process, we use a moisture meter to monitor what is going on. This ensures the surfaces are completely dry, with the option to make adjustments so as not to create or encourage further damage.
Give Us a Call and Let’s Get Started
There’s really no time to wait in getting the moisture out of your home. Whether you’ve noticed warping, stains, or other warning signs, it’s important you take proper action immediately. With a commitment to our customers and their satisfaction, we’ll show you what complete drying looks like.
At Steamatic of North Indianapolis, we take care of more than just dehumidification. Call us today at 317-849-7500 or fill in our online form for dehumidification, air duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, emergency disaster cleanup, and more. We look forward to helping you rid your home of dangerous toxins and moisture that could wreak havoc on your structure and your health.
OTHER RESTORATION SERVICES
When disaster strikes, Steamatic understands that you just want to get your life back to normal. Our normal business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, and we are available 24/7 to respond to your emergency.